Turn Hair Loss into
Hair loss doesn’t have to define you. If you’re ready to stop hiding your head under hats and to transform your thinning hair to luscious locks, Chicago Skin Clinic is here to help.
Dr. Danny Del Campo and Dr. Danilo Del Campo have the industry expertise and advanced techniques to come up with a treatment strategy that fits your unique needs.
What Is Hair Loss?
Hair loss, also known as alopecia, is a medical condition involving the thinning or complete loss of hair. Alopecia primarily affects your scalp, but it can also affect other areas where your hair typically grows.
Why Does Hair Loss Occur?
If you're noticing hair loss, rest assured that you're not alone. This condition affects millions of people across all age groups.
Hair loss can happen gradually or suddenly and can impact your scalp or your entire body. Some types of hair loss are temporary, with hair regrowing over time, while others may lead to permanent hair loss.
At Chicago Skin Clinic, we understand how vital it is to locate the causes of hair loss. By doing so, we can help you regain your confidence and self-esteem through effective and lasting treatments. Here are some of the main factors that could contribute to your hair loss experience:
- Genetics: Hereditary-pattern baldness is one of the most common causes of hair loss. As you age, your hair follows a pattern of a receding hairline and hair thinning on the crown of the head.
- Hormonal changes: If you’re experiencing pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, or thyroid problems, these conditions can cause temporary or permanent hair loss.
- Medical conditions: Certain diseases, inflammatory conditions, and deficiencies
- Medications and supplements: Side effects from certain drugs — such as those used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, and high blood pressure — can contribute to hair loss.
- Stress: If you’ve experienced a physical or emotional shock, you may experience a general hair thinning several months after your trauma. Often, this type of hair loss is temporary.
- Hairstyles and treatments: Excessive hairstyling or hairstyles that pull your hair tight, like pigtails or cornrows, can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia. Using hot oil hair treatments can cause inflammation of hair follicles, leading to further hair loss.
Understanding the cause of your hair loss is crucial in developing your personalized treatment plan. At Chicago Skin Clinic, our experienced dermatologists, Dr. Danny Del Campo and Dr. Danilo Del Campo will assess your condition, identify the underlying causes of your hair loss, and recommend effective treatment options tailored just for you.
Treating Hair Loss
At Chicago Skin Clinic, Dr. Danny Del Campo and Dr. Danilo Del Campo understand the emotional impact that hair loss can have on your self-esteem and overall well-being. That's why we offer comprehensive treatment options to effectively address and control hair loss, tailored to meet your unique needs.
Our experienced team can help you regain confidence by providing advanced and personalized solutions to your hair loss, including the following:
Topical treatments are often the first line of defense for your hair loss. Dr. Danny Del Campo and Dr. Danilo Del Campo may recommend topical medications, which is applied directly to the scalp to stimulate hair growth and slow down hair loss. These treatments are easy to use and can be incorporated into your daily routine.
If you’re looking for a convenient and effective treatment for hair loss, light therapy may be the option for you.
Light therapy, also known as low-level laser therapy (LLLT), is a non-invasive treatment that uses red or near-infrared light to stimulate hair follicles and promote hair growth. Dr. Danny Del Campo and Dr. Danilo Del Campo can perform this painless and safe procedure in our Chicago office.
In some cases, our dermatologists may recommend oral medications to treat your hair loss. These medications work by blocking the hormone responsible for hair loss and promoting hair regrowth, or stimulating increased blood flow in the scalp furthering hair growth.
Dr. Danny Del Campo and Dr. Danilo Del Campo will carefully evaluate your condition and medical history to determine the most suitable oral medication and dosage for you.
If you’re experiencing more advanced hair loss or looking for additional options, you may consider injection treatments. This type of therapy may use your own blood plasma, which is rich in growth factors, to stimulate hair follicles and promote hair growth. Other injections can include anti-inflammatory agents or intralesional minoxidil for stimulating hair growth.
Our experts perform these procedures in our Chicago office.
Schedule Your Hair Loss Consultation Today
At Chicago Skin Clinic, our goal is to help you regain thicker, healthier hair and improve your overall confidence.
During your consultation, Dr. Danny Del Campo and Dr. Danilo Del Campo will assess the cause and extent of your hair loss to develop a personalized treatment plan. They’ll guide you through the available options and discuss the benefits and potential risks associated with each treatment.
Trust our expertise and experience in treating hair loss, and take the first step towards a more vibrant and revitalized appearance by scheduling your consultation today.